Protocol for Baby Dedications
If you desire to have you child dedicated, we have a few things you need to know. Please read this page then pick-up the dedication forms at the Reception Desk or Life Center in the foyer.
- Baby Dedications are every other month on the 2nd Sat./Sun. (Jan., Mar., May, Jul., Sept. and Nov.)
- Each parent must complete and return the baby dedication form(s) to the church office. (These forms are in the church office.)
BABIES MUST BE UNDER THE AGE OF ONE YEAR OLD
If the parents want their child dedicated and they are over the age of one – special arrangements need to be made to have Pastor Al pray over them after a service (the contacting pastor must get clearance by Pastor Al prior!)
- Once form(s) have been RETURNED TO THE CHURCH OFFICE, they are placed on the Baby Dedication schedule calendar by church office personnel with the date and time (if available). No one is placed on the schedule until the forms are completed and returned.
- 2 weeks prior to the dedication, copies of the completed forms are given to one of the pastors for review to contact the couple (or single parent) with pertinent information to be approved.
Other Important Information:
- If the couple has older children they are welcome to stand on the stage during the dedication. But only the immediate family is allowed on the stage for the dedication (mother, father, daughter, son). Grandparents, aunts, and uncles, etc. are not allowed on the stage for the dedication.
For more information, please feel free to contact the church office (719) 632-3311