1. Maintain a personal devotional life, including prayer and Scripture Reading, throughout School of Ministry.
2. Participate in one Worship service per week, keeping a Sermon Notebook.
All students will participate in congregational worship Sunday mornings during 1st service.
3. Actively serve in a church ministry at CWC.
The classroom discussions are designed to incorporate your experiences in regular ministry to the body of Christ at Calvary Worship Center. Students will rotate through serving in at least four different ministry areas (Youth, Children’s Ministry, AV/Media, and Service – Ushers/Greeters/Parking Lot/Life Center) to learn to minister in different areas of church life.
4. School of Ministry Classes are held 2 days per week: Monday evenings, 6:30-8:00 pm and Sunday mornings, 6:30 – 8 am.
- You will read, on average, 12-20 pages per day total, for 5 days per week, to keep up with classroom discussions for Monday and Saturday classes. That is 60-120 pages of reading per week. You will probably spend 3-5 hours reading and completing assigned homework.
- It is expected that you will complete your reading assignment before coming to class. Discussions will be based on the reading for that week. For example: Before Monday, August 13, it is expected that all students will have read the first assigned pages in Chosen But Free.
5. Attend once monthly Wednesday night L1fe Nights at CWC.
6. Other Service - All participants in the School of Ministry are expected to serve for preparation and all day (if needed) at the Harvest Festival, Christmas Services, and Easter Weekend.
8. Accountability – All students will meet regularly with Pastor Shay for help identifying their passion and vision for ministry. In addition, class homework will be assigned a letter grade, and pass/fail grades will be assigned for sermon notebooks and service/event attendance.
9. Conferences & Retreats – Attend the Orientation Retreat (8/10-12) and Vision-Casting Retreat (TBD).