1. Maintain a personal devotional life, including prayer and Scripture Reading, throughout School of Ministry.
2. Participate in one Worship service per week, keeping a Sermon Notebook.
All students will participate in congregational worship Sunday mornings during 1st service (Saturday night or online if serving at a multi-site location).
3. Actively serve in a church ministry at CWC.
The classroom discussions are designed to incorporate your experiences in regular ministry to the body of Christ at Calvary Worship Center. Students will rotate through serving in at least four different ministry areas (Youth, Children’s Ministry, AV/Media, and Service – Ushers/Greeters/Parking Lot/Life Center/wherever needed) to learn to minister in different areas of church life. Ministry rotations will be during the 2ndtwo services every Sunday for those serving at CWC-Westside. Those serving at a multi-site will attend the full time from set-up through tear-down as set by the multi-site campus pastor.
4. Attend School of Ministry Classes, whichare held 2 days per week:
Monday evenings, 6:30 - 8:30 pm, and
Sunday mornings, 6:30 – 8:00 am.
5. Complete assigned reading & homework.
You will read, on average, 12-20 pages per day total, for 5 days per week, to keep up with classroom discussions for Monday and Sunday classes. That is 60-120 pages of reading per week. You will probably spend 5-10 hours reading and completing assigned homework every week. It is expected that you will complete your reading assignment before coming to class. Discussions will be based on the reading for that week. For example: Before Monday, September 9, it is expected that all students will have read the first assigned pages in Chosen But Free to prepare for the first lecture from that book.
6. Attend & serve at once monthly Wednesday night L1fe Nights at CWC.
7. Other Service- All participants in the School of Ministry are expected to serve for preparation and all day (if needed) at the Harvest Festival and Easter Weekend.
8. Accountability– All students will meet regularly with Pastor Shay for help identifying their passion and vision for ministry. In addition, class homework will be assigned a letter grade, and pass/fail grades will be assigned for sermon notebooks and service/event attendance.
9. Conferences & Retreats– Attend the Orientation (8/11-12) and Vision-Casting Retreat (May 24-26).
10. Mission Trip– Participate in a mission trip from 5/20-24. (If work or other circumstances do not allow for travel, there will also be a local option upon approval.)